Thursday, July 29, 2010

Inside Consumer United :: Seth Urbanowski

Seth Urbanowski joined Consumer United in July of last year. Originally from Granville near Springfield, MA, Urbanowski attended Emmanuel College in Boston and spearheads Consumer United's home insurance division helping members in New York and Pennsylvania.

A die-hard beach enthusiast during the summer and skier in the winter, Urbanowski believes in Consumer United's vision to help members save on basic services and enjoys interacting with members throughout the Northeast. “The best part about my job is getting to speak with so many different people each day. They all have different needs and personalities and I enjoy both the challenges and rewards that brings,” he says.

How does Urbanowski save money? “One way I regularly save money is by purchasing most of my groceries and household goods in bulk. I'm able to take advantage of sales to their fullest and reduce trips to the store which conserves gas.”

As far as financial advice, Urbanowski says he turned to his father for help. “He advised me to switch my savings account from a traditional bank to a high-yield Internet savings account. Many of these are offered through well-known national banks but they can only be serviced online or over the phone. The advantage is clear because they often pay interest two or three times that of traditional banks.”