Thursday, October 29, 2009

'Backseat Driver' wins fuel-saving video contest

A video featuring two buddies preparing to carpool who get fuel-efficiency tips from a literal backseat driver snagged the top prize in the Drive Smarter Challenge video contest.

David Markus, a California-based freelance videographer and aspiring film director, walked off with the $5,000 prize for his "Backseat Smart Driver" short while taking a humorous approach to serve up driving tips to help motorists spend less on gasoline.

"At an early age, my father gave me tips to drive more efficiently -- accelerate slowly, inflate tires -- so when I started filming, I already knew most of the tips," says Markus. My friends actually tease that I 'drive like a grandma.'"

Click here for the lowdown on the Drive Smarter Challenge.

No comments: